- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Domestic Abuse and Children
One Day Course 9.30am – 3.30pm
This One Day Course will help you increase your knowledge and understanding of Domestic Abuse, and how this applies to working with children and young people. It will help you define domestic abuse, prevalence, myths & facts, the dynamics of control, the impacts on adults & children, asking the question, appropriate responses.
The aims of the training would be to enable delegates to:
- understand the dynamics of dva
- the role of control,
- to be able to challenge common myths,
- to understand some of the impacts of dva
- possible coping strategies used by adults &cyps,
- to feel more confident talking about dva,
- to consider what support
- advice they can give to adults/cyps who disclose.
- How DV sits in a cp framework
How will I be taught?
Through face-to-face learning from experienced professionals.
The training would use a mix of experiential exercises, group discussion, trainer led inputs & small group work.
Please contact us to discuss this course further