- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Safeguarding & the Governing Body
The responsibilities of Governors, Trustees and Boards of Management.
New OFSTED Inspection framework edition! Safeguarding is still very much part of the new framework and as important as it was before.
Are your Governors or Management committee ready for OFSTED in respect of Safeguarding and Child Protection? Is your governors training kept up to date and refreshed for new governors or members of the board?
This course will help your setting achieve an outstanding grading for the Safeguarding element at your next inspection.
The 3 hour session / course is suitable for EYFS, Primary and Secondary settings.
To achieve outstanding for the Safeguarding aspect of an OFSTED inspection every member of your governors and management committees must be aware and on board with the Safeguarding Policy and practices in your setting. They must have a clear understanding of their duties, roles and responsibilities. Therefore it is vital that all governors and management committees receive high quality training so that they know what to say and do during an inspection.
Safeguarding is no longer a limiting judgement however it is likely that if your Safeguarding does not meet statutory requirements then your grading for Leadership and Management will be judged as inadequate. If Leadership and Management are inadequate it is likely that the school will be judges as inadequate. Getting safeguarding right is as important as ever!
Child Protection and Safeguarding are here to stay with the new OFSTED framework.
This Course will cover:
- Why Safeguarding? Where did the agenda come from?
- What is Safeguarding?
- Safeguarding and OFSTED
- Safer Recruitment – Legal Framework
- Child Protection – Why is it so important?
- Defining and Recognising Abuse
- Child Protection Procedures
- Designated Person – Roles and Responsibilities
- Governors/Management Groups – Roles and Responsibilities
- Chair of Governors – Roles and Responsibilities
By the end of training participants will:
- Understand governors/Management Committees roles and responsibilities.
- Be able to support the Headteacher or Manager to fulfil their Safeguarding Responsibilities.
- Develop an understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding.