- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Child Protection in Sport Online Course
This short online programme is designed for anyone who comes into contact with children through Sport or leisure activities.
Our Level 2 programme will give you an introduction to what child abuse is, help you recognise early signs of possible problems and provide guidance on what you can do to prevent children suffering from abuse. In short, it will help you safeguard the children in your care.
· Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work or voluntary activities in a sports or active leisure setting
· Four Modules to complete
· Available online Only
· This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
· Delivers 5 CPD hours
· 70% pass mark
· Certificate accredited by Child Protection Training UK
How does it work ?
The online course is broken down into four modules:
Module 1: Children’s Development
Module 2: Forms of Child Abuse
Module 3: Recognising and responding to abuse
Module 4: Reporting abuse and the child protection system
Beginning with Module 1, read through each module carefully, and at your own pace, ensuring that you have understood and absorbed its content. On completing a module, you will attempt to answer the corresponding questionnaire for that module.
Each questionnaire is presented in a multiple choice format; simply select the answer you believe is correct and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Your score for each questionnaire appears as soon as you have completed the last question. If you have attained the pass criteria of 70%, you can move on to the next module.
You have 1 attempt to pass each questionnaire; if you fail to reach 70% per questionnaire, you may still access and complete other parts of the program but will need to repeat the programme again (at an extra cost to you) in order to receive your course certificate.
To complete the programme, you must work through all the modules, as well as attain the pass criteria for that programme. You may exit the programmes at any point and return later, when you log back in the programme, you will automatically be returned to the place you left off.
On completion of the programme, you will automatically be sent an email confirming your pass or failure status, along with appropriate instructions as to what to do next.
In this programme we use children and young people interchangeably. There are variations in terminology, legislation, guidance and practice relating to child protection in the different nations of the UK. However, the principles are broadly the same and this programme is intended to be relevant to all those whose work (paid or unpaid) brings them into contact with children and young people. For nation-specific information, you will find it useful to visit the websites listed at the end of module four.
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout. Upon completion you will be able to download your course certificate which is valid for 3 years.
All our courses are in line with the latest government legislation and guidance including "Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015" (Groups 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8), Keeping Children Safe in Education (March 2015) and are fully compliant with local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) requirements. They are compliant with the children's workforce development council (CWDC) induction module 6, Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Section 11 of the Children Act 2004, section 175 of the Education Act 2002 and section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship, Immigration Act 2009 and the General Dental Council (GDC)
For 10 or more people please contact us for discounted prices