- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection In Education Online Course
- Safeguarding Children in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- Prevent Duty Awareness for Practitioners Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
Starting at: £30 ex vat
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
This Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Online Course is designed to provide an essential introduction for anyone who is new to the subject and act as a refresher for those who already work with vulnerable people in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Most adults live normal happy lives. However, for a number of unfortunate people, abuse is a reality and the effects can lead to great unhappiness and sometimes, tragedy.
In simple terms, abuse to adults exists and if you suspect that a person is abusing or being abused, your responsibility is to prevent it. Also, if you are working with vulnerable adults, you have a legal duty of care to intervene and this is fully supported by legislation. It is not enough to claim ignorance of the abuse or fail to assist.
This programme is broken down into four modules:
1. Understanding the Basics
2. Recognising Adult Abuse
3. Reporting Abuse
4. Good Practice
This course aims to help you by developing your understanding of:
- who may be vulnerable
- what adult abuse is and its effects
- who abuses and why
- how to respond if someone tells you that they have been abused
- why it is so important to act on your suspicions or a disclosure
- how to record your concerns
- the reporting process
- good practice guidelines, along with organisational and individual responsibilities in the form of a personal code of conduct.
After you have completed the programme, we hope to have given you sufficient knowledge and confidence to take action to protect a vulnerable adult, should the need arise.
How does it work?
Beginning with Module 1, read through each module carefully, and at your own pace, ensuring that you have understood and absorbed its content. On completing a module, you will attempt to answer the corresponding questionnaire for that module.
Each questionnaire is presented in a multiple choice format; simply select the answer you believe is correct and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Your score for each questionnaire appears as soon as you have completed the last question. If you have attained the pass criteria of 70%, you can move on to the next module.
You have 1 attempt to pass each questionnaire; if you fail to reach 70% per questionnaire, you may still access and complete other parts of the program but will need to repeat the programme again (at an extra cost to you) in order to receive your course certificate.
To complete the programme, you must work through all the modules, as well as attain the pass criteria for that programme. You may exit the programmes at any point and return later, when you log back in the programme, you will automatically be returned to the place you left off.
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout. Upon completion you will be emailed a course certificate valid for 3 years.
For Orders of 10 or more please contact us for discounted prices