- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Starting at: £30 ex vat
This safer recruitment training is designed to help those who work with children and families to actively try to protect their welfare when selecting new people for the workforce.
The course is suitable for anyone who works with the recruitment, supervision and management of new employees or volunteers and must ensure that safeguarding children remains a top priority.
When a vacancy arises in your organisation, you naturally want to ensure you employ the very best person for the post and this programme will certainly help you to achieve this.
However, the primary purpose of the programme is to ensure that whilst making recruitment decisions, the children, young people and any adults at risk in your setting are safeguarded from harm
The course is broken into Six modules
Module 1 - Introduction
Module 2 - Key principles
Module 3 - Recruitment Processes and Practices
Module 4 - Shortlisting and preparing to interview
Module 5 - Interviewing and assessing candidates
Module 6 - Appointing the successful candidate
- Covers the recruitment process for anyone who works with children and young people
- Available online
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
This course takes approximately 1.5hrs – 2hrs to complete.
Note: There is no set time limit as it is down to how fast or slow you want to take each course and whether or not you want to take a course in one sitting or in stages.
How does it work?
Beginning with Module 1, read through each module carefully, and at your own pace, ensuring that you have understood and absorbed its content. On completing a module, please attempt to answer the corresponding questionnaire for that module, for example, Module 1 and Questionnaire 1, Module 2 and Questionnaire 2, and so on.
Each questionnaire is presented in a multiple-choice format; simply select the answer you believe is correct and click on the ‘Next’ button. You may review the content of the module at any point, including before submitting your answer, by clicking on the ‘Review Module Content’ link at the bottom of each page.
Your score for each questionnaire appears as soon as you have completed the last question. If you have attained the pass criteria of 70%, you can move on to the next module.
You have 1 attempt to pass each questionnaire; if you fail to reach 70% per questionnaire, you may still access and complete other parts of the program but will need to repeat the programme again (at an extra cost to you) in order to receive your course certificate.
To complete the programme, you must work through all the modules (i.e.. open each page), as well as attain the pass criteria for that programme.
You may exit the programmes at any point by clicking ‘Save and Return’ in the top right hand corner. Later, when you re-open the programme, you will automatically be returned to the place you left off.
On completion of the programme, you will automatically be sent an email confirming your pass or failure status, along with appropriate instructions as to what to do next.
For 10 or more people please contact us for discounted prices