- Child Protection Awareness Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced One Day Course (Level 2)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Update Course
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Bundle
- Safeguarding Children Bundle
- Sexual Exploitation & Grooming
- Domestic Abuse and Children
- Safeguarding & the Governing Body
- Safeguarding Children & Internet
- Safe Working Practice
- Child Protection Awareness Online Course (Level 1)
- Child Protection Advanced Online Course (Level 2)
- Child Protection in Sport Online Course
- Child Sexual Exploitation Online Course
- E-safety & Bullying Online Course
- Information Sharing Online Course
- Safe Working Practice Online Course
- Safeguarding Governing Body Online
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Equality and Diversity
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding Children and The Internet Online Course
- Safeguarding Education Services
Designated Safeguarding Lead Course (Level 3)
Starting at: £250 ex vat
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Training
One-Day Course 9am - 4pm
Updated Sept 2016
Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015 / 2017 Updated) & Keeping Children Safe in Education (2016)
This Course can also be run within your organisation for your staff group at a reduced rate, contact us for a quote or if you have any other questions about this course talk to an adviser now online: Online Live Customer Adviser
What is the course about?
This course will help you and your staff become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead in your organisation. It will develop both your competence and confidence in carrying out the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). Formally known as Level 3
This course provides advanced knowledge of child protection procedures and will help you to recognise and know what to do if you believe that a child is at risk. The course aims to provide advanced information on reporting strategies, policies and procedures. It also covers: how to make your working environment safe for children, including safe practices; what to do if you believe that a child is at risk; who to approach or report to; what actions to take and which legislation applies in this area.
It will look at the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead, Information Sharing, confidentiality, consent, prevent, radicalisaton and what we should expect from children’s social care and enable you to take on the role in your organisation.
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Formally known as the Level 3 One Day Course Is in Line with Ofsteds new safeguarding children briefing for section 5 inspectors (2016), Ofsted Inspection Framework (2016) & Working Together to Safeguard Children March 2015 (2017 updated), Keeping Children Safe in Education (Sept 2016). You are required to have undertaken the recognised course.
This is the Designated Safeguarding Lead Course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the designated safeguarding children officer and state key areas of responsibility
- describe the key legislation and guidance affecting our response to concerns about a child's safety or welfare
- state your own values regarding child abuse and explain the impact of these on professional practice
- state the barriers inhibiting children from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child who does disclose
- state the barriers to staff reporting concerns and develop methods of overcoming them
- make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a range of concerns about child or young person
- explain the issues in connection with recording and sharing of information, including that of confidentiality, and state how a referral to children's social care should be made
- state what is likely to happen following a referral to children's social care and the role the school or college has in the multi-agency child protection process
- demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify ways in which the designated senior person can support staff.
Head Teachers, School Governors, Teachers, Head of Years, Child Protection Officers, Children Homes Manager / Deputies, Head of Cares, nursery and children centre managers, FE Managers, Doctors, Nurses, Dental Staff and those with any pastoral care responsibilities.
All our courses are in line with the latest government legislation and guidance including "Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015" (Groups 3,4,5,6,7 & 8), Keeping Children Safe in Education (Sept 2016) and are fully compliant with local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) requirements. They are compliant with the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Section 11 of the Children Act 2004, section 175 of the Education Act 2002 and section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009, the General Dental Council (GDC) and the Quality Care Commission (QCC)
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
To Book Via Booking Form (editable form to complete and return to us via email, post or fax)
Course Booking Form / Dates 2019 (Coming Soon)