Terms & Conditions
Child Protection Training UK / Safeguarding Children Education Services
- Under current regulations, Child Protection Training UK only provides products and services to a client in an advisory capacity. This does not absolve any client from their legal duties and responsibilities.
- The client is solely and wholly responsible for vetting and co‐ordinating any advice, information or material received through Child Protection UK into its own activities according to the client’s own judgment.
- Child Protection Training UK acts in good faith and the client warrants that Child Protection Training UK is in no way liable for any error, omission or matter arising in any way from Child Protection UK products or services.
- The client accepts that an invoice or receipt reflects the fact that the client has placed an order Child Protection Training UK as specified upon the invoice or receipt.
- Course bookings taken over the Child Protection Training UK website will be processed within 24 hours and written confirmation of your place will be sent by email within twenty-four hours (24hrs). By submitting an online booking you are entering into a contract with Child Protection UK (see our cancellation policy)
- The client confirms and accepts these terms and conditions in full and with immediate effect.
- Child Protection Training UK provides no credit or account facilities in order to maintain competitively priced products and services. You can choose to pay via Invoice i.e. Cheque or BACS Payment, PayPal or by credit / debit card using our online payment system.
- All Payments are due within NET 30 days of the Invoice date and must have cleared in full before products or services will be shipped or provided by Child Protection Training UK - The only exception to this will be - cancellation / interruption of a service / booking (3) any Un‐cleared payment by the date of a booked on site service constitutes an un‐notified cancellation by the client (see cancellation / interruption of a service / booking (9)
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998 if we are not paid according to agreed terms.
- Child Protection Training reserves the right to charge interest at a monthly rate of 8% on the outstanding invoices. Interest and late payment compensation fee will be calculated from the date when the invoice becomes overdue.
- Child Protection Training UK reserves the right to seek recovery of an outstanding balance sixty days from the date of invoice(s) via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3,000.00. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
- Returned cheques will incur a £30.00 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future transactions be made by BACS / Credit or Debit Card or Cash only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding balance is recovered in full.
- VAT is applicable to all our bookings / services
Course Dates & Venues
- Child Protection Training UK reserves the right to alter course dates and venues right up to the date of the course without liability. In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided in respect of that course a full refund will be offered otherwise a credit note will be issued and all liability by Child Protection Training UK will be limited to the value of the original course fee and will not be liable for any other fees such as travel costs, accommodation costs or any other related costs or losses.
Cancellation / Interruption of a Service / Booking
- The client agrees that cancellation can only be made by the client if done so in writing and sent by Recorded Delivery to Child Protection Training UK, Po Box 1185, Warrington WA1 9FD or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Child Protection Training UK has not received written cancellation from the client within 7 days from the date of invoice the client accepts the service booking and these terms and conditions in full and without alteration.
- You may cancel a booking for a service during a cooling off period of 7 days of the date on the invoice and receive a full refund (if payment has been made). The only exception to this will be if this is a late or short notice booking for an event that will occur in less than 5 days from the date of purchase in which case the invoice is due in full immediately.
- If payment for a booked service has not been made by the client and cleared by the date of the booked service this constitutes and un‐ notified cancellation by the client and 100% of the invoice total is due immediately. See (8) below.
- For cancellations made in writing more than 90 days prior to the date of the event there will be no cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made in writing and received by the Child Protection Training UK between 60 and 90 days prior to the date of the event are subject to a cancellation charge of 50% on all agreed rates and requirements.
- Cancellations made in writing and received by the Child Protection Training UK between 15 and 59 days prior to the date of the event are subject to a cancellation charge of 90% on all agreed rates and requirements.
- Cancellations made in writing and received by the Child Protection Training UK between 0 and 14 days prior to the date of the event are subject to a cancellation charge of 100% on all agreed rates and requirements.
- Where written cancellation has not been received by Child Protection UK Limited as per (2) above and the client has not paid in time for funds to have cleared in advance of the date of the booked service the client accepts that Child Protection UK will not provide the service due to non‐payment. In which case, the client agrees to pay Child Protection Training UK 100% of the invoice total overleaf plus administration and interest charges as deemed appropriate by Child Protection Training UK.
- If a client is unable to attend a booked course and they do not inform us or transfer their booking then this is classed as a “Did Not Arrive” (DNA) and the full cost of the course is due and cannot be refunded. The client can re book onto another course but the full cost of that course would be due as per payment terms above.
- Child Protection Training UK also reserves the right to refuse a customer entry to any of our courses or services or to ask a customer to leave a course or service that is in progress.
- Child Protection Training UK may change the location of a service item arranged with the client. If this becomes necessary, Child Protection Training UK Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to inform the client of any change of location as soon as possible.
- Child Protection Training UK reserves the right to find alternative suppliers, trainers, consultants and/or contributors, in the event of accident, sickness, unforeseen circumstances, and any other issue arising, to ensure that continuity of service is maintained and objectives achieved.
Transfer of a service / course booking
- The client accepts that a service already invoiced by Child Protection Training UK Limited can only be transferred to a revised date if agreed with Child Protection Training UK and confirmed immediately in writing or email by the client via Recorded Delivery and sent to Child Protection UK at Po Box 1185, Warrington WA1 9FD or emailed to: email@example.com
- The client agrees to pay Child Protection Training UK a Transfer Fee of £65 per person plus the revised transfer invoice if the transfer is made within 28 calendar days of the of date of previously booked service. These must be paid and cleared prior to the service commencing.
- The client agrees to pay Child Protection Training UK 100% of each previous booking invoice plus the revised booking invoice if a booked service is transferred twice or more. These must be paid and cleared prior to the service commencing.
- The client agrees that 100% of all booked on‐site service invoices are due immediately if the client transfers a booking date and later cancels.
- The client accepts that payment where a booking date transfer has not cleared payment prior to the booked service date constitutes an un‐notified cancellation by the client.
Refund Policy for services / bookings purchased
- You may cancel a booking for a service during a cooling off period of 7 days of the date on the invoice and receive a full refund. The only exception to this will be if this is a late or short notice booking for an event that will occur in less than 5 days from the date of purchase. Once this cooling off period has lapsed the refund / cancellation of a service policy applies. Substitution of an alternative named delegate on a service is acceptable at any time, see transfer of a service policy.
- No refund / credit note or transfer of license will be provided by Child Protection Training UK after a purchase of a license(s) to access a working version of any of our online courses
- There is no refund available after attendance. Delegates may seek references from the service provider in advance to ensure that the place on the workshop they have booked or the service they have purchased meets their clearly stated expectations.
- A significant valued added portion of any workshop comes from the lively discussion within a group of people. With this in mind we reserve the right to cancel a workshop if numbers registering are low. Once we have taken this decision we will email / write to you, see course date & venues (1 & 2) above.
- We aim to issue refunds within 14 working days
Events outside of our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an order that is caused by an “Event Outside Our Control”.
An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation server failures, software failures, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster (Acts of God), or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, hotels cancelling the venue, training consultant illness or delegates cancelling places leaving the course low in numbers.
- Certificates issued by Child Protection Training UK remain the property of Child Protection Training UK at all times.
- Where the holder of a current certificate is found guilty of an offence under pertinent legislation or has clearly breached the spirit of its intended purpose, the client agrees to return the certificate to Child Protection UK via Recorded Delivery.
- Course Certificates will only be issued once payment has been received for the booked service / course
Manuals and Materials
- The client accepts that any Child Protection UK product or service supplied is site specific and for use by employees, volunteers etc. employed by the client from that site.
- The client accepts that they may not use any product or service supplied by Child Protection UK beyond the site to which it is licensed or registered.
- To use a Child Protection UK product or service beyond the licensed or registered site and/or not for use by employees, volunteers etc. employed by the client from that site is not permitted and constitutes a breach of use for which the client agrees to compensate Child Protection UK as Child Protection UK deems appropriate.
- The client accepts that reproduction in any way at any time of any Child Protection UK product or material, except for its intended use at the registered or licensed site, is a breach of copyright for which the authorised and unauthorised users are both liable.
- The client agrees to compensate Child Protection UK for breach of copyright as determined by Child Protection UK as Child Protection UK deems appropriate.
- Child Protection UK vigorously protects its copyright, intellectual and other rights.
Notification of Delegates Needs
Child Protection Training UK asks to be made aware of dietary needs or access requirements at least fourteen days in advance of the service item that includes the provision of refreshments where applicable.
- Child Protection Training UK cannot accept liability for items lost, stolen or damaged whilst attending third party venues. The Client undertakes an agreement to abide by the Health & Safety Regulations of the venue or locations being provided.
- We are not liable for any consequential or indirect loss suffered by you, whether it arises from breach of a duty in contract, tort or in any other way including negligence. Non-exhaustive illustrations on consequential or indirect loss would be loss of profits; loss of contracts; loss of goodwill; liability to third parties.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information contained in the Child Protection Training UK courses and courseware is accurate, the material is of a general nature and not intended to be a substitute for specialist advice. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the content of the training, either delivered on the day or associated material, will be suitable to your circumstances or adequate to meet your particular requirements. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any losses or damages that may arise from the use of learning points from the training day or associated material.
Who are our courses for?
All our courses are designed for people who are already working in an environment appropriate to the course content. We reserve the right to ask for employer references regarding the suitability of those attending such courses. We reserve the right to refuse customers booking on to our courses.
You shall indemnify us against any loss, damage, costs and expenses of any kind incurred by us in respect of any claim arising out of the performance of this contract brought against us by a third party for loss, injury or damage resulting from:
- Any negligent act or omission, wilful misconduct or breach of statutory duty by you, your employees, agents or subcontractors; and
- Any act carried out by us, which you expressly authorised or ratified.
Waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this contract shall not be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Any notice given by either party to the other shall be in writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business.
English and Welsh law apply to this contract and any dispute arising in connection with it is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts
Changes to terms
Child Protection Training UK reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
Updated March 2016